A journey into the heart of Tibet to discover, through this itinerary, the places that gave rise to one of the most extraordinary civilizations on our planet. Starting from Lhasa, we will visit the valleys and ancient monasteries that characterized the birth and development of Tibetan culture.
Day 1 Departure from Milan Malpensa with international scheduled flight.
Day 2/3 Arrival in Kathmandu. Check-in at the hotel. Day off.
Day 3/4 Guided visits to the historical monuments of the city and excursions in the surrounding area. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 5 In the morning, flight Kathmandu - Lhasa (3.700 mt.) (1 hour flight). Transfer to the hotel.
Day 6 Visit of the Drepung Monastery, (8-10 km from Lhasa) from the 15th century. which houses the best collection of ancient statues and sacred objects in Tibet; del NorbuLingka (8 Km), a symbol of the city's history dating back to the 18th century, a 400-hectare complex located on the western outskirts of the city, used as a summer residence by the Dalai Lama and made up of pavilions, temples, palaces and gardens; then, of the Jokhang (7th century), the cathedral of Tibetan Buddhism, the oldest monument in Tibet as well as the true center of the social and spiritual life of the city and the country. The Barkhor, 800 meters of corridor around the Jokhang, will offer participants the opportunity to visit the colorful and interesting city market.
Day 7 Visit of the famous Potala Palace of the Dalai Lama, an architectural marvel of 1,187 meters in height divided into two complexes of 13 floors with over 1000 rooms, including the halls for the assemblies and the mausoleums with the tombs of the Dalai Lamas. In the afternoon, visit the Sera monastic complex (6 km north of Lhasa) on Mount Tatipu.
Day 8 Transfer to Gyantse (3,950m). With about 10,000 inhabitants, it is the fourth largest town in Tibet, and the most genuinely Tibetan. Visit to the Palkhor Chode Monastery and Kumbum. Overnight in hotel / guesthouse.
Day 9 Transfer to Shigatse (3,900m). Visit to the monastic complex of Tashilhumpo. Overnight in hotel / guesthouse.
Day 10 Transfer to Xegar (4,350m). Stop on the way to visit Sakya Monastery.
Day 11 Transfer to Rongbuk (5,250 m), the highest Tibetan monastery from which you can admire a magnificent view of the north face of Everest. Overnight at the lodge.
Day 12/15 Transfer to Everest base camp. Excursions in the surroundings. Return to Rongbuk for overnight.
Day 16 Transfer to Tingri. Overnight in hotel / guesthouse.
Day 17 Transfer to Nyalam. Overnight in hotel / guesthouse.
Day 18 Transfer to Kathmandu, via Zhangmu. Overnight in hotel / guesthouse.
Day 19 Kathmandu. Day off. In the evening, transfer to a typical restaurant for a cultural dinner with Nepalese dances and music. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 20 Transfer to the airport for the return flight to Italy.
The price includes
- Volo Kathmandu-Lhasa
- Airport transfers
- Hotel a Kathmandu, Bed and Breakfast, camera doppia, come da programma.
- Hotel a Lhasa, Bed and Breakfast, camera doppia, come da programma.
- All overnight stays in Tibet, in hotel and guesthouse, bed and breakfast, double room.
- Overnight in tents at Everest base camp. Full board.
- Transportation by jeep with driver and English-speaking guide for all days of visiting Lhasa and its surroundings.
- Entrances to the monasteries throughout the journey.
- Entrances to monasteries in Tibet.
The fee does not include
- Personal insurance for travel assistance, medical expenses and baggage.
- International flight Milan-Kathmandu A / R in economy class
- Pasture in Nepal from Tibet.
- Airport taxes abroad.
- Nepalese visa (40US $ / 30 €) can be purchased directly at the airport
- Chinese visa (US $ 80)
- Overnight stays and extra transport due to personal reasons.
- Food at the hotel and all the extras in Kathmandu.
- Anything not expressly mentioned in the The price includes
Generic individual equipment for extra European trekking / expeditions
- Duffel bag in sturdy, waterproof canvas, with small padlock and with your personal details on a tag.
- High mountain feather bag (of those that the companies recommend down to -25 ° C
- Backpack 30-50 Liters maz
- Insulating mat
- Trekking boots, Sneakers, Sandals.
- Walking socks (4 pairs), Cotton socks (3 pairs).
- Leather sweaters, excellent capilene or transtex garments.
- Cotton sweatshirts.
- Shirt and shirt.
- Heavy fleece or windstopper.
- Waterproof jacket with hood.
- Lightweight waterproof cape.
- A pair of jeans (for travel and the city)
- A lightweight canvas trousers.
- A short pants.
- A pant “technical” schoeller type for the share.
- A sun hat.
- Sunglasses with glacier side shield and excellent quality.
- Swiss bottle and pocket knife (not to be carried in hand luggage!)
- Front battery with new batteries + spare batteries.
- Document folder.
- High protection sun cream for face and lips.
- Toiletries and a normal sized towel.
- Fresh wipes & clean.
Individual equipment for ascents
- Waterproof overpants type “goretex” with side zippers.
- Fleece trousers
- High mountain mountaineering boots.
- Waterproof gaiters.
- Mountaineering gloves, two pairs, one pair lighter.
- Ice ax.
- Ice crampons with 12 adjustable points.
- The bag (hold baggage) must not exceed 20 kg, unless otherwise indicated.
- Hand luggage (use backpack) 5 kg.
- The excess weight is paid at the airport rather expensive and is not included.
- Put your luggage on all your luggage. name and address + tel. Weigh it before you leave!