The integral crossing of the Rochefort ridge is certainly one of the most beautiful in the Alps. Very aerial sections alternate with rocky passages, where the concentration must always be high, from both sides steep slopes descend for over a thousand meters in altitude. The crest delimits the watershed between Italy and France. It requires a good level of climbing, excellent crampon technique and excellent physical preparation. It is the best known ridge of the Mont Blanc chain and desired by expert mountaineers, who cannot miss it in their curriculum.
- Day 1
In the afternoon departure from Courmayeur, by cable car from La Palud 1370 Mt. to the Rifugio Torino 3375 Mt. Dinner and overnight at the refuge.
- Day 2
Wake up at 3.15 am breakfast and at 4.00 am departure. Climb up to the "gum" of the Giant's tooth, which leaves on the left. From here begins the ridge leading to the Aig. Di Rochefort 44001 Mt. The crossing then continues towards the Dôme di Rochefort 3974. From here, abseiling down to the Canzio bivouac at Col Des Jorasses 3825 Mt. 8/9 hours.
- Day 3
Wake up at 3.00, breakfast at 3.45 departure for the climb. Departure for the climb, immediately behind the refuge you climb on cracked rocks that lead to Punta Young 3996 Mt. From here you go down on the north side up to the brèche and then continue to the Punta Margherita 4065 mt. From Punta Margherita an initially very sharp ridge leads to the Whimper peak 4184 Mt., descend a few meters to the saddle and then reach Punta Walker 4208. For the descent the normal ascent route (Boccalatte) is used.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- La Palud-Punta Helbronner 35 cable car ticket €
- The half board of the participant and the guide at the Torino refuge. 80 €
- Food and accommodation also for the guide to ref. Boccalatte, in case of delays or tiredness in the descent.
- Car transfers and anything not specified in the entry “The price includes”
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- A tights
- Ski mask
- Lightweight spare gloves
- A front lamp with new batteries
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- Waterproof over trousers
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Paper towels
- Sun hat
- Fleece or goose down gillet
- Ear plugs (useful in shelter)