It stands on the border ridge overlooking the Brenva Glacier. It constitutes a formidable high wall up to 800 on the Italian side. The classic ascent routes of Maudit are located along the ridges which are particularly elegant, the north-east ridge Kuffner it was first climbed in 1978, one of the most renowned ascents of Mont Blanc.
The Kuffner ridge has now become a classic for good level climbers. The climb presents difficulties up to the fourth degree and sharp crests; therefore an excellent technique with crampons and a good physical preparation are necessary.
- Day 1
Departure from Courmayeur, by cable car from La Palud 1370 Mt. to the Torino Refuge 3375 Mt. Dinner and overnight stay at the refuge.
- Day 2
Wake up at 01:15 breakfast and at 02:00 departure. Climb up to Colle del Flambeau 3047 Mt. go down and go through the Cirque Maudit entirely. From here begins the real climb, go up a steep gully that leads to the ridge. You go around the Androsace tip with some passages on rock, then the route becomes entirely snowy up to the summit. The descent usually takes place on the normal route up to Mont Blanc and then descends by Chamonix cable car.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- The pension of the participant and the guide at the Torino refuge. € 80
- Tickets for the La Palud-Punta Helbronner cable cars 26 € and return Aig. Midì-Chamonix € 42
- Transfers by car and anything not specified in the item The fee includes.
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- A tights
- Ski mask
- Lightweight spare gloves
- A front lamp with new batteries
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- Waterproof over trousers
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Paper towels
- Sun hat
- Fleece or goose down gillet
- Ear plugs (useful in shelter)