Mustang or the kingdom of Lo, is a region that is part of Nepal, in the north-east of the country, a tongue of land that insinuates itself into Tibetan territory. In the Annapurna region going up to the north of Kali Gandaki is this region with lunar landscapes with ancient traditions. Only recently opened to trekkers (1992), Mustang is inhabited by the Loba people, or "people of the Lo" of clear Tibetan origin. The religion is the Tibetan Buddhist of the Sakyapa sect, recognizable in the architecture used in the construction of the Gompa painted in gray, white and yellow stripes that reflect the colors of the surrounding mountains. The trekking itinerary goes up the valleys from Jomosom to its capital Lo Manthang, crossing pristine valleys and very distant villages that the isolation has kept intact. Unlike other areas of Nepal, Mustang can be visited almost all year round from March to November, the mountains protect it from the monsoons that are unable to overcome them, the region is particularly dry.
Day 1 Departure from Italy
Day 2 Arrival in Kathamndu - transfer to Htl BB hotel
Day 3 Kathmandu Htl BB
Day 4 Volo Kathmandu-Pokhara.Htl BB
Day 5 Flight to Jomosom (2713m) Start of trekking to Kagbeni (2750m) lodge FB
Day 6 Kagbeni – Chele (3000 m). camp FB
Day 7 Chele – Syangboche (3450 m). camp FB
Day 8 Syangboche - Gemi camp FB
Day 9 Gemi - Charang camp FB
Day 10 Charang – Lo Manthang (3750 m) camp FB
Day 11 Lo Manthang visits the city, its surroundings and monasteries. FB camp
Day 12 Lo Manthang - Ghami through the Ghar Gompa. Pass at 4070 m FB field
Day 13 Ghami – Samar campo FB
Day 14 Samar – Kagbeni campo FB
Day 15 Kagbeni – Muktinath lodge FB
Day 16 Muktinath – Jomosom lodge FB
Day 17 jomosom – Pokhara - Kathmandu - flight and transfer to hotel Htl BB
Day 18 Kathmandu reserve day in case of delay in flights from Jomosom and Pokhara Htl BB
Day 19 Kathmandu visit to Bhoudanath and Pashupatinath the most important times of Kathamndù Htl BB
Day 20 Departure for Italy
The price includes
- International return flight Milan – Kathmandù
- He likes the internal Kathmandu-Pokhara-Jomosom A/R
- All nights in hotel, double room, bed and breakfast.
- All transfers and guided tours by jeep, as per program.
- English speaking guide for the duration of the trip.
- Trekking staff.
- Full board treatment during the trek.
- Cook, two-person tents, canteen tent, toilet tent, mattresses and all cooking equipment
- Transportation of personal equipment.
- Trekking permits.
- Mountain Guide Assistance
- Personal insurance for travel assistance, medical expenses and baggage.
The fee does not include
- Visa for Nepal, US $ 30 (to be obtained upon arrival at the airport)
- Airport taxes on exit from Nepal 1695 Rupees 22 € approx.
- Personal equipment for trekking.
- Single room supplement in the hotel.
- Transport Extra weight on flights.
- Transportation or extra overnight stays due to personal reasons.
- Drinks, tips and all extras in general, of a personal nature.
- Anything not expressly mentioned in the The price includes
Generic individual equipment for extra European trekking / expeditions
- Duffel bag in sturdy, waterproof canvas, with small padlock and with your personal details on a tag.
- High mountain feather bag (of those that the companies recommend down to -25 ° C
- Backpack 30-50 Liters maz
- Insulating mat
- Trekking boots, Sneakers, Sandals.
- Walking socks (4 pairs), Cotton socks (3 pairs).
- Leather sweaters, excellent capilene or transtex garments.
- Cotton sweatshirts.
- Shirt and shirt.
- Heavy fleece or windstopper.
- Waterproof jacket with hood.
- Lightweight waterproof cape.
- A pair of jeans (for travel and the city)
- A lightweight canvas trousers.
- A short pants.
- A pant “technical” schoeller type for the share.
- A sun hat.
- Sunglasses with glacier side shield and excellent quality.
- Swiss bottle and pocket knife (not to be carried in hand luggage!)
- Front battery with new batteries + spare batteries.
- Document folder.
- High protection sun cream for face and lips.
- Toiletries and a normal sized towel.
- Fresh wipes & clean.
Individual equipment for ascents
- Waterproof overpants type “goretex” with side zippers.
- Fleece trousers
- High mountain mountaineering boots.
- Waterproof gaiters.
- Mountaineering gloves, two pairs, one pair lighter.
- Ice ax.
- Ice crampons with 12 adjustable points.
- The bag (hold baggage) must not exceed 20 kg, unless otherwise indicated.
- Hand luggage (use backpack) 5 kg.
- The excess weight is paid at the airport rather expensive and is not included.
- Put your luggage on all your luggage. name and address + tel. Weigh it before you leave!