The Langtang valley is located about thirty kilometers north of Kathmandu, was declared a national park in 1971 and is the second largest park in Nepal, spread over an area of 1,700 sq km. The inhabitants of Langtang, which is located very close to the border with Tibet, appear to be of Tibetan origin, but over time they have mingled with the Tamangs of Helambu. While they resemble the Kumbu sherpas, both their appearance and their language recalls the Tibetans of Sikkim. The Bhote Khosi River, which flows down from Tibet, cuts the Himalayan range and has always been an ancient communication route between Nepal and Tibet. It remained unknown until 1949, when Bill Tilman obtained permission to explore it. The Langtang and l’ Helambu are two neighboring regions on the north-central side of Nepal. The Ganja pass at 5106 meters and the plateau of the Gosainkunda lakes at 4300 meters, communicate towards Helambu. The two regions are communicating, thanks to the two passes, which allow easy access such as to carry out a complete, circular and non-binding trek. The main Himalayan peaks are the 7246 meters high Langtang Lirung to the north, the 6388 m Gang Chhenpo. and the Naya Kangri of 5846 m. The 6966 m Dorje Lakpa closes the valley to the east. The lakes of Gosainkunda at 4300 meters are considered sacred because they feed the spring waters of the Trinsuli River, equivalent to the "trident" of God Shiva. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims from India visit these lakes during the August full moon festival, but Buddhists also celebrate festivals with rituals, songs and dances on this sacred plateau. They are the Sherpas dell’ Helambu who have habits, language and culture different from those of the Khumbu. Unfortunately, the accessibility of the’ Helambu caused the abandonment of some villages and with the tourist event many antiques were sold or lost or went into the hands of unscrupulous Nepalese collectors and antique dealers. Langtang is one of the most beautiful and wildest treks in Nepal.
Day 1-2 Departure from Italy by scheduled flight. Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to the hotel
Day 3 Free day at KTM for the preparation.
Day 4 Transfer via terra Kathmandu-Syabrubesi (1.950 mt)
Day 5 Inizio trekking. Syabrubesi-Lama hotel (2,480 mt)
Day 6 Old Trek hotel-Langtang (3,430 mt)
Day 7 Langtang - Kyanjingomba Track (3,870 mt)
Day 8 Kyanjingomba. Day of rest-acclimatization
Day 9 Trek Kyanjingomba - Langshisa Kharka (4,500 mt)
Day 10 Ascent base camp-advanced camp (5,500 m)
Day 11 Reserve day
Day 12 Ascent to the summit of Langshisa Ri (6,412 m) and return to base camp
Day 13 Base field trek- Kyanjingomba
Day 14 Trek Kyanjingomba-Keldang (4,270 m) through Ganja La (5,120 m)
Day 15 Trek Keldang-Dukpu (4,080 mt)
Day 16 Trek Dukpu-Tarke Gyang (2.550 mt)
Day 17 Trek Tarke Gyang-Sermathang (2.693 mt)
Day 18 Trek Sermathang-Melamchi (846 mt)
Day 19 Transfer Melamchi-Kathamndu, arrival and hotel accommodation
Day 20 Kathmandu free day to visit
Day 21 Transfer to the airport and departure for Italy
The price includes
- International return flight Milan – Kathmandù
- All nights in hotel, double room, bed and breakfast.
- All transfers and guided tours by jeep, as per program.
- English speaking guide for the duration of the trip.
- Trekking staff.
- Cook, two-person tents, canteen tent, toilet tent, mattresses and all cooking equipment
- Full board treatment during the trek.
- Transportation of personal equipment.
- Permits for camping.
- Mountain Guide Assistance
- Personal insurance for travel assistance, medical expenses and baggage.
The fee does not include
- Visa for Nepal, US $ 30 (to be obtained upon arrival at the airport)
- Airport taxes on exit from Nepal 1695 Rupees 22 € approx.
- Personal equipment for trekking.
- Single room supplement in the hotel.
- Personal equipment for trekking.
- Transport Extra weight on flights.
- Transportation or extra overnight stays due to personal reasons.
- Drinks, tips and all extras in general, of a personal nature.
- Anything not expressly mentioned in the The price includes
Generic individual equipment for extra European trekking / expeditions
- Duffel bag in sturdy, waterproof canvas, with small padlock and with your personal details on a tag.
- High mountain feather bag (of those that the companies recommend down to -25 ° C
- Backpack 30-50 Liters maz
- Insulating mat
- Trekking boots, Sneakers, Sandals.
- Walking socks (4 pairs), Cotton socks (3 pairs).
- Leather sweaters, excellent capilene or transtex garments.
- Cotton sweatshirts.
- Shirt and shirt.
- Heavy fleece or windstopper.
- Waterproof jacket with hood.
- Lightweight waterproof cape.
- A pair of jeans (for travel and the city)
- A lightweight canvas trousers.
- A short pants.
- A pant “technical” schoeller type for the share.
- A sun hat.
- Sunglasses with glacier side shield and excellent quality.
- Swiss bottle and pocket knife (not to be carried in hand luggage!)
- Front battery with new batteries + spare batteries.
- Document folder.
- High protection sun cream for face and lips.
- Toiletries and a normal sized towel.
- Fresh wipes & clean.
Individual equipment for ascents
- Waterproof overpants type “goretex” with side zippers.
- Fleece trousers
- High mountain mountaineering boots.
- Waterproof gaiters.
- Mountaineering gloves, two pairs, one pair lighter.
- Ice ax.
- Ice crampons with 12 adjustable points.
- The bag (hold baggage) must not exceed 20 kg, unless otherwise indicated.
- Hand luggage (use backpack) 5 kg.
- The excess weight is paid at the airport rather expensive and is not included.
- Put your luggage on all your luggage. name and address + tel. Weigh it before you leave!