Guido Boccalatte and Piero Ghiglione climbed for the first time on August 31, 1930. First descent on skis Daniel Chauchefoin in 1976 and Bruno Gouvy in 1990 on snowboard. Splendid channel of 800 meters of height difference of considerable width in the upper part, with a very steep and narrow final part (Goulotte) where it is necessary to make a double to be able to overcome it. It is necessary to do a reconnaissance before venturing down the channel without knowing the conditions of the snowpack.
- Day 1
Ascent by cable car from Chamonix to the Aiguille du Midì 3,842 m. With your skis on, you go down to the Midì hill. With seal skins and if necessary with skis on your shoulders, go up the normal route of Mont Blanc du Tacul until you reach the top of Tacul. From here begins the descent into the left channel towards the Maudid, then crosses to the left to reach the Colle dei Diables and the large anonymous canal. Return to Chamonix via the Vallée Blanche.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Tickets for the Chamonix-Aiguille du Mmidì cable cars € 42.50 + Guide.
- Montenvers- Chamonix train tickets 20€ + Guide.
- Car transfers
- Anything not specified in the entry The price includes.
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- Ski touring boots.
- Telescopic ski pole
Harness, ice ax, crampons, avalanche beacon, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Ski pants for high mountains
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- The nose is getting thinner
- Ski mask
- Lightweight spare gloves
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich ...
- Paper towels