E’ one of the most famous spiers of the Mont Blanc chain. It was the guides of Cervinia Jean Joseph, Baptiste and Daniel Maquignaz on July 28, 1882, after having spent three days driving iron bolts and fixing ropes into the wall, to conquer it. Located for a few meters entirely in French territory. The summit rises on the Italian side for one hundred meters from the snowy base, while on the north side it is very exposed, the valley is 1200 meters below. IS’ one of the most popular mountains of Mont Blanc, often in high season there are queues of climbers on the face.
- Day 1
La salita si effettua in giornata, con partenza da Courmayeur, in funivia da La Palud 1370 Mt. a Punta Hellbronner 3428 Mt. Da qui si attraversa il ghiacciaio del Géant. Raggiunto lo sperone che porta alla gengiva, si sale per rocce friabili fino alla base della parete. La scalata diventa poi, molto interessante, su roccia compatta. Dalla punta Helbronner in circa 4 ore si raggiunge la cima. La discesa si effettua per la stessa via di salita, oppure in corda doppia sul versante sud.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Tickets of the cable cars A / R La Palud – Punta Helbronner 29 €
- Anything not specified in the entry “The price includes”
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- Lightweight spare gloves
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- Waterproof over trousers
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich
- Paper towels
- Sun hat