Pyramid-shaped peak, it is located in the Mont Blanc group of Tacul, famous for its excellent quality granite. The upper part is connected by a snowy saddle to le Chat, while the lower part is about 250 meters high on the Géant glacier. Magnificent rock climbing, very popular and well protected, well exposed to the sun. The route of evaristo Croux and Laurent Grivel guide of Courmayeur runs along the eastern edge with difficulty up to grade IV, ideal for novice climbers at high altitude. The descent takes place on a double rope on the same route.
- Day 1
The climb takes place in one day, starting from Courmayeur, by cable car from La Palud 1370 Mt. to Punta Hellbronner 3428 Mt. From here you cross the Flambeau hill and descend into French territory and in 1h and 45 minutes you reach the base of the wall. It takes 2/3 hours to reach the top. For the descent 1h30. For the return you have to go back to the Flambeau hill. 2 hours and 15 minutes.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Tickets of the cable cars A / R La Palud – Punta Helbronner 29 €
- Anything not specified in the entry “The price includes”
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- Lightweight spare gloves
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- Waterproof over trousers
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich
- Paper towels
- Sun hat