It is located on the anonymous crest, between Italy and France. The climb in the first part is common to the Giant's Tooth. Arrived at the gum, continue along very sharp ridges with some rocky passages. The panorama towards Italy ranges up to the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa. IS’ certainly the most famous ridge of the Del Mont Blanc chain.
- Day 1
The ascent takes place in a day, starting from Courmayeur, by cable car from La Palud 1370 Mt. to Punta Hellbronner 3428 Mt. From here you cross the Géant glacier. Once you reach the spur that leads to the gum, you go up through friable rocks to the base of the wall. From here we continue on the ridge which continues towards Les Grandes Jorasses. In about 3h30 you reach the top. The descent is made by the same ascent route.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Tickets of the cable cars A / R La Palud – Punta Helbronner 29 €
- Anything not specified in the entry “The price includes”
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- Lightweight spare gloves
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- Waterproof over trousers
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich
- Paper towels
- Sun hat