The crest takes its name from the nearby cosmic observatory located on the hill. Nice mixed route, easy to access, with very short approach gear. Busy street, often in the more technical passages queues form. Beautiful panorama of the Chamonix valley. IS’ practicable all year round. Rock steps up to 4+. Ideal for medium level climbers.
- Day 1
From Chamonix ascent by cable car to the Aiguille du Midì 3842 Mt. With crampons and a rope going down the snowy ridge, go around the Aiguille to the west to go to the base of the ridge near the cosmic observatory. From here, for easy rocks alternating with sections on snow, you go up to a bastion that wanders. The climb continues to end directly at the arrival of the cable car. 2/3 hours from the base
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Tickets for the Chamonix A / R cable cars – Aiguille du Midi € 50 + guide
- Anything not specified in the entry “The price includes”
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- Lightweight spare gloves
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- Waterproof over trousers
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich
- Paper towels
- Sun hat