Jhoan Fischer and the guide of Cervinia Jean-Antoine Carrel on 2 July 1872. E’ the great classic route on the western side of Mont Blanc. Before the opening of via delle Aig. Grisses, (M.B. dal Gonnella) in the second half of the 19th century was the route most traveled by the ropes that climbed Mont Blanc from the Italian side. The Quintino Sella bivouac from which the ascent route starts, retains the charm of those times. For many years this itinerary went into disuse, still today it is not very popular. It is an ice and mixed route in an isolated environment, great for expert mountaineers who want to discover the most remote corners of Mont Blanc.
- Day 1
Departure from Courmayeur, by car to Lake Combal 1959 Mt. in 4.30 / 5 hours walking on the Miage glacier, you reach the Gonnella refuge at 3071 Mt.from here you go up a channel of fractured rocks to reach the Quintino bivouac Sella 3396 Mt. 7 total hours. Dinner and overnight at the bivouac.
- Day 2
Wake up at 0.00 breakfast and at 0.45 departure. Climb to the upper basin of the Mont Blanc glacier, after passing the bergschrund you reach the ridge which in about 7 hours leads to the crowded Bosses ridge (French normal route to Mont Blanc) which leads to the summit. For the descent there are several opportunities, usually it takes place on the normal ascent routes to Mont Blanc.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Any tickets for the cable cars for the return to the valley.
- Anything not specified in the entry “The price includes”
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- A tights
- Ski mask
- Lightweight spare gloves
- A front lamp with new batteries
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- Waterproof over trousers
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Paper towels
- Sun hat
- Fleece or goose down gillet
- Ear plugs (useful in shelter)