J.H. Kitson con Christian Almer, nel 1866. Sulla linea di confine tra Italia e Svizzera si snoda una delle più belle creste della alpi. Tecnicamente non troppo difficile, richiede però una buona esperienza in alta montagna e passo sicuro. La cresta è interamente al di sopra dei 4000 metri, è necessaria quindi una buona preparazione fisica. La cresta si sviluppa tra il colle del Lys 4248 Mt. e il colle Felik 4061 Mt. con una lunghezza di circa 4 km.
Descent for excellent skiers, who have safety and technical preparation on slopes of 50 ° / 60 °. For this descent, snow conditions and quality of the snow cover are needed, which limit its travel. It is one of the most rewarding extreme ski walls in the Alps. The stretch on the Grenz glacier is instead easy and relaxing.
- Day 1
Departure from Gressoney in Stafal; by cable car you reach the Colle d'Olen 2881 Mt. From here you climb the ridge that delimits the valleys of Gressoney and Algna, you pass Punta Indren 3260 Mt. and in about 2h30 'you arrive at the Mantova refuge 3498 Mt. which is located at the foot of the Garstelet glacier. Dinner and overnight at the refuge.
- Day 2
Alarm clock at 5.00 breakfast and at 5.45 departure. From the Mantova refuge, put on your skis, go up the glacier leaving the Gnifetti refuge on the left, continue on slopes that are not too steep up to the Lys hill 4248 Mt. from here, with the skis on your shoulders, the cersta begins which leads to the Eastern summit 4527 m. From here the skis begin the descent which ends in Zermatt through the Grenz glacier. The return takes place with the ski lifts up to the small matterhorn and ski descent to Cervinia.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Cable car tickets in Stafal-Col D’Olen + Guide
- Return tickets for the Zermatt-Cervinia cable cars + Guide
- Car transfers
- Anything not specified in the entry The price includes.
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- Ski touring boots.
- Telescopic ski pole
Harness, ice ax, crampons, avalanche beacon, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Ski pants for high mountains
- Mountain socks
INSIDE THE BACKPACK
- The nose is getting thinner
- Ski mask
- Lightweight spare gloves
- Small personal pharmacy (compeed, aspirin, high protection sunscreen)
- 1 liter bottle or Thermos
- Energy bars, dried fruit, chocolate, sandwich ...
- Paper towels