The course is aimed at those who want to approach the practice of mountaineering. Young and old can learn the basics to be able to move safely on snow, ice and rock. At the end of the course you can tackle classic high mountain climbs that will open the doors to the fantastic world of the peaks.
- Day 1
Rock climbing wall in Val Ferret (Elena's gym). Meeting at 8.15 in Courmayeur, transfer to Val Ferret, short trek of 20 minutes of approach.
- Day 2
Ice gym in Chamonix (Montenvers- Mèr de Glace). Meeting at 8.00 in Courmayeur, transfer to Chamonix, ascent with the Montenvers train. In about 30 minutes of walking you will reach the Mèr de Glace glacier.
- Day 3
Ascent to Aiguille du Toula (3.538 m) via normal east ridge. Meeting at 8.00 am Mont Blanc cable cars. progression in a rope and climbing Aguille du Toula, return to the valley at 4.00 pm.
Lessons and topics covered
Knowledge of mountaineering and sport climbing equipment, how to join in a rope, technical progression techniques in ropes, climbing techniques and abseiling. Packed lunch. Return to Courmayeur at 4 pm.
Knowledge of technical material used on ice and mixed routes, how to tie up in a roped-off on glacier, technical progression techniques in roped-off on ice, climbing and climbing techniques in piolet traction. Crevasse recovery techniques. Packed lunch. Return to Courmayeur at 4 pm.
The price includes
- Assistance of the mountain guide, commonly used material.
- Insurance that covers the emergency intervention in the event of an accident.
The fee does not include
- Montenvers train tickets A / R 20 E, La Palud-Punta Helbronner cable car ticket 35 €
- Car transfers and anything not specified in the entry The price includes.
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Maximum ice ax 60 cm
- Classic crampons with anti-cocoon
- High mountain boots
- Telescopic ski pole
- Harness, ice ax, crampons, ski pole and helmet missing will be provided by the guide.
CLOTHING TO WEAR
- High mountain / glacier sunglasses
- Sun cream and cocoa butter
- High mountain gloves
- Breathable t-shirt
- Sweet life
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Shoeller mountain pants
- Mountain socks